Since the beginning of 2021, Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan have excelled in cricket’s shortest format, leading the side to multiple victories.
The right-handed hitters set up another partnership during the second T20I match against England at the National Stadium Karachi that not only contributed to the team’s triumph but also broke other hitting records.
The pair broke Shikhar Dhawan and Rohit Sharma’s record of 1,743 runs in 52 innings in the shortest version of the game with their undefeated 203 run partnership.
In their 36 innings of combined batting, Babar and Rizwan have amassed 1,929 runs at an average of 56.73, including seven century stands and six fifty-run partnerships.
It is important to note that Rizwan has scored 665 runs at an average of 66 and a strike rate of 133 in 14 successful chases since 2021, whereas Babar has scored 562 runs at an average of 46 and a strike rate of 138.
The Men in Green were able to successfully chase down 180+ targets five times throughout this period, 200+ targets three times, and 150+ targets twice without losing a wicket.
With their unbeaten 203-run stand from yesterday, they also smashed their own partnership record of 197 runs, making it the greatest 10-wicket win in all Twenty20 games, not just T20Is.
- Babar Overtakes Sarfaraz as Pakistan’s Most Successful T20I Captain
- PCB Denies Rumors of Not Paying Domestic Cricketers for Local Competitions
- Moeen Ali Proud to Lead England With His Pakistani Heritage
- Naseem Shah Reminds Pakistan’s Bowling Coach of His Early Bowling Days [Video]
- Commentary Panel for Pakistan-England Series Announced