Siegfried Aikman, the head coach of the Pakistan hockey team, has stated his delight with the team’s competency and feels that they can beat India on any given day.
“India is a good team regardless of the adjustments they made for Asia Cup, but we have a reinforced group,” Aikman told the media on the sidelines of a training camp ahead of Asia Cup 2022. We can beat any Indian squad on any given day.”
Pakistan will compete in the 2018 Asia Cup in Jakarta, Indonesia, from May 23 to June 1, and will face India in the fourth match of the tournament on May 23.
In response to a query about India’s hockey framework, Aikman stated that the country’s player pool has grown. They choose two teams from a total of 40 players, which has allowed them to compete successfully on the world stage.
“India’s team has been bolstered by the addition of new players. They have 40 players that are divided into two teams and play on a regular basis. Developing such a framework has helped them progress in Hockey and compete successfully at the international level,” he noted.
The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) sent the national team to Europe, where they competed against Holland, Belgium, and Spain in preparation for the Asia Cup, which will take place next year.
“Our first goal is to beat India and then finish in the top four to qualify for the World Cup, which is set for next year,” the coach stated.
- Lahore Qalandars to Conduct Tri-Series With Teams From England and South Africa
- IPL 2022 Points Table, Orange Cap, Purple Cap – Updated on 12th May
- IPL 2022 Match 59, CSK vs MI Match Prediction – Who will win today’s IPL match between Chennai and Mumbai
- Has Pakistan Found Azhar Ali’s Replacement Yet
- Punjab Begins Work on Pakistan’s First Film on Sports
Leave a Reply