Shan Masood, the left-handed opener for Pakistan, has produced another century against Worcestershire in Division Two. It was his third century of the season and his 21st in first-class cricket.
The left-hander, who is also the season’s highest run scorer, hit 113 off 131 balls for the hosts, including 10 fours, to take his tally to 826 runs with three more innings conceivable before the end of the month.
Masood has been in excellent form since the beginning of the year. The left-hander finished the Pakistan Super League as the third highest run-scorer with 478 runs in 12 innings at a 39.83 average.
Shan Masood made history earlier this season when he became the first Pakistani to achieve two back-to-back double century in the county tournament.
He also became the second Pakistani batter, after Arshad Parvez, to achieve back-to-back double centuries in first-class cricket, equaling the mark set by Nawab Iftikharuddin, an Asian batter who did so in 1933.
It’s worth noting that certain Pakistani cricketers have recently made news in the County Championship. Mohammad Abbas and Hasan Ali, the two leading pacers, have taken the most wickets thus far, while Shan Masood has scored the most runs.
- Here’s Who Scored The Most Runs in the 2022 County Championship
- IPL 2022 Points Table, Orange Cap, Purple Cap – Updated on May 14th
- IPL 2022 CSK vs GT Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, PlayingXI, Pitch Report, Match Preview
- CSK batter Ambati Rayudu announces IPL retirement, later deletes the Tweet
- X-Factor! Check out our main card predictions for UFC Vegas 54