The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has named a 16-man squad for the three-match One-Day International series against the West Indies, which will take place at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium on June 8, 10, and 12.
Meanwhile, Shaheen Shah’s inclusion in the squad despite his physical limitations is a source of concern. He will get a thorough examination by the PCB’s medical panel and will resume bowling once the doctor’s report is received.
The star pacer was exhausted after playing in the present County Championship and had complained of stiffness, soreness, and fever during his time in England.
Babar Azam came under fire during the Australia series for keeping all-rounder Shadab Khan in the team despite his fitness difficulties, and Shaheen is in the similar boat.
Shaheen, on the other hand, is not participating in the National High-Performance Centre (NHPC) Lahore’s ongoing conditioning camp for the series.
The feisty pacer is also said to be skipping the T20 Blast and will not return to England.
Meanwhile, Middlesex has named Jason Behrendorff, an Australian left-arm pacer, as his successor, with the announcement that he will join the side for the T20 Blast.
For years, Shaheen Shah has been an important part of the national setup in all formats and has played league cricket. He was named to the ICC Men’s Test Team of the Year for the year 2021 last year for his outstanding performance.
- Javed Miandad Says Current Domestic Structure Will Result in Match-Fixing Cases
- IPL 2022 Points Table, Orange Cap, Purple Cap – Updated on May 23rd
- I did decently in IPL 2022 despite injuries hampering me, says Bhuvneshwar Kumar
- PCB 93 squads for the CCA U19 tournament announced
- IPL 2022 Match 70, SRH vs PBKS Match Prediction – Who will win today’s IPL match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Punjab Kings
Leave a Reply